Flower market at Quai de la Corse in 1910. The Quai de la Corse is a promenade on the Ile de la Cité on the northern arm of the Seine. Here exists a flower market since the early 19th century. Later solid pavilions were built, surrounded by tree-lined alleys. Today the merchants have also established green demountable huts for their plants on the parapet. To see on the left is the Conciergerie, formerly palace of the kings, then a prison, now a part of the building complex which is used as the palace of justice.