> Free Hanseatic City of Bremen
The Marcus fountain in Bremen-Mitte stands on the Liebfrauenkirchhof, a central square between the market square and the Obernstraße. It was inaugurated in 1909 and has been a listed building since 1973. The fountain stick of blue limestone is richly decorated and provided with toys or animals, from which trickles water. The residential buildings adjoining the square did not survive World War II, and are today replaced by modern shop and commercial buildings.