Photo taken from the Chaillot Hill during the 1900 World Exposition. In the foreground one can see the water basin of the Jardins du Trocadéro, in the center left and right the houses of Algeria, which were part of the colonial exhibition. Behind is the Pont du Iéna, which connects the Jardins du Trocadéro with the Champ de Mars. Behind one can see, from left to right, the dome of the Invalides, the Eiffel Tower, the Palais de l'Electricité, with a monumental water tower, flanked by the two chimneys of the engine room, and finally the Ferris wheel ("Grande roue"), to the right. The world fair was attended by over 48 million people.