> Los Angeles County
> Los Angeles
Located at 4 Berkeley Square in the West Adams District, this Tudor Revival mansion was designed by Myron Hunt and Silas Burns and built in 1913. The residence stood until around 1970, when a group of doctors paid $1 million for the property on which to build West Adams Community Hospital, later Los Angeles Metropolitan Medical Center. Photograph caption dated April 1, 1962 reads, "Former Lee A. Phillips' mansion will be only house to remain."