> Los Angeles County
> Los Angeles
Exterior view of Exposition Park Branch of the Los Angeles Public Library at 3665 South Vermont Avenue. The building is 9,650 square feet and includes a community room, and parking area designed to accommodate 40 cars. Photograph dated June 20, 1975. Opened in 1923, the University Branch was originally located in a Northern Italian style building at 3420 S. Hoover Street, near Exposition Park. In 1965, the stylish and ornate building was sold to the University of Southern California for development purposes and the branch collections were moved to a storefront at at 1479 West Adams Boulevard. In 1973 the University Branch was renamed the Exposition Park-Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Regional Branch Library in honor of the great educator and humanitarian. Two years later, the branch left the storefront location and was placed in this building, located at 3665 So. Vermont Avenue.