> Lower Saxony
> Region Hannover
The Protestant-Lutheran market church of St. Georgii et Jacobi is the oldest of the three parish churches in the Old Town of Hanover. With its 97 meter high tower it is one of Hannover's landmarks. To the right is a part of the old town hall, to the left is a part of the old pharmacy. During two air raids on Hanover during the Second World War, the church was destroyed in July and October 1943 down to the outer walls and columns. The majority of the roof truss was preserved. The reconstruction took place 1946-1952.